Open voor alle onderwerpen en meningen

Moderators: henkie, elbert, Moderafo's

coby6
Majoor
Majoor

Re: Verzoening / schuldbelijdenis

Berichtdoor coby6 » 07 feb 2019 23:25

-
Laatst gewijzigd door coby6 op 08 feb 2019 12:43, 3 keer totaal gewijzigd.

coby6
Majoor
Majoor

Berichtdoor coby6 » 08 feb 2019 00:00

If I do not ask Lucia for forgiveness then my wife would not have the opportunity to release me from my sin. (The same applies to the Lord: If I do not ask God to forgive me for my sin, then He cannot release me from my sin. See 1 John 1:9.)

Lucia would be left with my sin affecting her soul, with no opportunity for her to deal with it transactionally. Minimally, she could forgive me attitudinally by working it out with the Lord (Luke 23:34), but without transactional forgiveness that removes sin, our relationship would have tension, which would keep us from enjoying true community.

https://rickthomas.net/dont-apologize-d ... -im-sorry/

coby6
Majoor
Majoor

Berichtdoor coby6 » 08 feb 2019 11:31

Biblically, full forgiveness is not just something that the offended person offers; it requires that the offender receives it, bringing reconciliation to the relationship. First John 1:9 shows that the process of forgiveness is primarily to free the sinner; forgiveness ends the rejection, thus reconciling the relationship. This is why we must be willing to forgive others—if we aren’t willing to forgive, we refuse to allow others to enjoy what God has blessed us with. Modern pop psychology has wrongly taught that “forgiveness” is one-sided, that reconciliation is unnecessary, and that the purpose of this unilateral forgiveness is to free the offended person of feelings of bitterness.

While we must not harbor bitterness in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15) or repay evil for evil (1 Peter 3:9), we should make sure we to follow God’s lead and not extend forgiveness to the unrepentant. In short, we should withhold forgiveness from those who do not confess and repent; at the same time, we should extend the offer of forgiveness and maintain an attitude of readiness to forgive.

Stephen, as he was being stoned to death, illustrates the principle of forgiveness. Echoing Jesus’ words from the cross, Stephen prays, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them” (Acts 7:60; cf. Luke 23:34). These words show a definite willingness to forgive, but they do not indicate a completed transaction of forgiveness. Stephen simply prayed that God would forgive his murderers. Stephen held no bitterness, and, when and if his murderers repented, he wished them to be forgiven—what a wonderful example of loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44).

The Bible commands the counter-intuitive action of feeding our enemy when he is hungry (Romans 12:20). There is nothing to say we must automatically forgive our enemies (or trust them); rather, we are to love them and work for their good.

If “forgiveness” is given prematurely without the prerequisites of confession and repentance, then the truth has not been dealt with openly by both parties. If the offender doesn’t acknowledge his sin, then he really does not understand what it means to be forgiven. In the long run, bypassing confession or repentance doesn’t help the offender to understand the significance of sin, and it precludes a sense of justice, causing the offended person to battle even more against bitterness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotque ... eness.html

coby6
Majoor
Majoor

Berichtdoor coby6 » 08 feb 2019 11:40

-

Veendam
Majoor
Majoor

Berichtdoor Veendam » 25 feb 2019 22:12

Een docent pastoraat had een hele heldere formulering over vergeven.
Dat is de meest treffende manier van omschrijven die ik ooit gehoord had.
Hij zei namelijk: Vergeven is het uit handen geven aan de rechter.

Stel iemand die is misbruikt dan was die daad gewoon FOUT, en die daad BLIJFT FOUT, wat er ook gebeurt !

Vergeven is dus dat lastenpakket en alle pijn die het gedaan heeft en al het verdriet uit handen geven.
Wanneer iemand er zelf mee rond blijft lopen dan blijft het knagen en zal het de persoon verteren.
Door het dus los te laten en uit handen te geven kan de weg naar herstel ingeslagen worden.
Dat is een daad van de wil van de verwonde en beschadigde persoon.

Dit staat geheel los van het feit of de dader wel of geen spijt of berouw heeft en om de vergeving vraagt.
Pas op het moment dat de dader echt berouw heeft en zelf zegt dat zijn daad fout was en dat erkent en om vergeving vraagt dan pas kan de vergeving aan de dader zelf worden geschonken.

Terug naar “[Religie] - Open forum”